[Users] Setting up an account on Bugzilla

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Sep 17 16:49:54 CEST 2017

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:31:13 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
>I once got email SPAM on a non-trivial email address shortly after I
>created it, before it was even used.

Hi,

the amount of SPAM usually doesn't increase considerably after
subscribing to a FLOSS mailing list or bug tracker, if at all. I have to
confirm that the amount of SPAM is relative to the amount of email
accounts.

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:58:46 +0100, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
>I'll set up a fresh address.

This more likely will increase the amount of SPAM, than using an
already existing email account, since more accounts = more SPAM. Btw.
it's more likely that a mailing list or bug tracker gets overspammed
sometimes, than SPAM is send directly to individual subscribers, if this
should happen, you anyway need to live with it or to disable mail
delivery or to unsubscribe. This doesn't happen often, but could happen
from time to time. In August the Claws bug tracker and therefore the
Claws mailing list suffered from such an attack,
http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2017-August/date.html , but
if you take a look at the other months you unlikely will find much
SPAM, if any SPAM at all.

Regards,
Ralf