[Users] Feature request - adding notes to messages (Ricardo Mones)

H.Merijn Brand h.m.brand at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 8 07:55:36 CEST 2017

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 02:06:50 +0300, <mahlamytsike at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:52:25 +0200
> > users-request at lists.claws-mail.org wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 07:57:27 +0200
> > From: "H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand at xs4all.nl>
> > To: users at lists.claws-mail.org
> > Subject: Re: [Users] Feature request - adding notes to messages
> >
> > On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:51:53 +0200, wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >

> > > On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 22:38:26 +0300 <mahlamytsike at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
>  [...]
> >
> > Maybe not the "neatest" solution, but I have mapped Shift-Meta-E to
> > "Edit Message", and just add it in with something like
> >
> > --8<- note 20170831
> > bla bla bla
> > -->8---
>
> I think its good workaround but cant find any feature called "Edit
> Message". Not from menus nor user manual on the web.
> How can I use this Edit + key mapping ?

1. [Menu]Configuration → Actions ...

   Menu Name:   [ Edit                           ]
   Command:     [ /pro/bin/elvis -Gx11 %f        ]

   Choose your favorite editor

   → [Add]

2. Select a message in the list view

3. [Menu]Tools →

   Hover your mouse over "Edit" or use your arrows to navigate to "Edit"

4. Hit the "Shift-Ctrl-E" combination. It will be bound to this menu
   choice

5. Either click on this menu item, or leave the menu and hit
   Shift-Ctrl-E

using perl5.00307 .. 5.27   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE