[Users] Feature request - adding notes to messages (wwp)

mahlamytsike at gmail.com mahlamytsike at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 01:18:03 CEST 2017

> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:51:53 +0200
> From: wwp <subscript at free.fr>
> To: users at lists.claws-mail.org
> Subject: Re: [Users] Feature request - adding notes to messages
>
> Hello,
>

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 22:38:26 +0300 <mahlamytsike at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I think its not new idea here. Claws is my favourite message app and
> > only what I'm strongly missing is ability to add short notes to the
> > messages.
> >
> > It could be arranged easily (i suppose), putting notes visible same
> > way as we see tags - on the message pane above From and To fields
> > with yellow background. One button to the toolbar which opens note
> > compositor window with Cancel, OK and Clear buttons. I think, in
> > backend it can be stored same way as tags are stored.
> >
> > What do you think is it feasible ?
>
> I think it's a never-seen-before topic here, totally new to me at
> least. I'm not sure a single 1% of the user base would need/use it,
> nor even if the dev team would consider this positively. Let's wait
> for other replies, but I don't bet on it or push to it, personally.

I suppose, you are right, you know that better about current users. But
I think that feature will bring much more users to Claws family. Color
labeling, tagging and notes are 3 facets of same thing - all
equally worth tools for better email managing.

Maybe it's better to add notes as attachents (H.Merijn
Brand recommended it on another post), it makes implementation more
easier. If I understood correctly, then Evolution uses notes same way -
adding it as attachment.