[Users] Delay sending emails by n minutes

flyingrhino flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz
Fri Oct 27 03:32:31 CEST 2017

> Tbird crashing that often? It's not my experience at all (and I
> experienced other issues), but I believe what you say.

I have Linux Mint 17.3 and TB used to crash erratically - after 5 minutes or once a day.
But it was unstable enough for me to get very annoyed.

My wife has the same OS and TB is stable for her.

> I often send
> immature emails myself and catch them on the fly at the last moment w/
> a 'Cancel sending'

Exactly my situation too! I've intercepted mistakes last minutes by cancelling the option from the popup.
However, my ISP mail server is REALLY FAST and sometimes the entire send process takes half a second - especially if it's a small mail.

 (I've even re-enabled the sending dialog JUST for
> that, to be able to press the Cancel button instead of diving into the
> Message menu which may be less responsive) but, but.. it's always my
> fault (read it's also your fault, but you know that).

That's kind of my idea with making the send keyboard shortcut harder to access :)

> I'd say, post a request for enhancement on the tracker.
>
> Tracker is there, and requires you to subscribe (but it's free!), just
> to prove that you're a friendly human fellow user, and no doubt you
> are, I'd say after reading your posts:
>   http://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-mail/bugzilla/index.cgi

Yes, I'll subscribe. If posting it there is the correct place to grab some attention (and probably I'm a +1 on the request) , then I'm in !

> Nota: may any perl-plugin user say if this plugin could be of any help
> on this topic?

I'm a bash person myself, so I don't have the perl knowledge to comment on perl.
However if this topic is beneficial to them then by all means. Perhaps it may even filter back to mainstream claws ?