[Users] Users Digest, Vol 75, Issue 24

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 09:25:32 CET 2017

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 00:26:03 +0100
Jens Petersen <xyzxyz123 at freenet.de> wrote:

> And please, don't argue with the "Extended" option where you can
> enter regular expressions that may or may not be capable of
> searching the message body as well. Having to learn the syntax of
> regular expressions and being required to construct and enter such
> a thing in order to search for a simply keyword in all parts of all
> messages is pretty much the opposite of usability.

1. I'm not arguing, I'm telling you what is possible.
2. You do not need to use regular expressions, just the simple
   claws-mail symbols are enough, but you can use regular expressions
   if you want.
3. You don't need to learn. You can click the 'info' button, or use
   the 'edit' button, or select from your previous searches.
4. It's all very usable for me.

with regards

Paul