[Users] claws qt

Salvatore De Paolis iwkse at claws-mail.org
Tue May 30 17:24:34 CEST 2017

Hi Charles,

> GNOME doesn't need to provide support for QT, nor KDE for GTK. They
> need only interoperate. This already exists, and all sets of developers
> try to maintain that interoperability.
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/,
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedesktop.org That is why you can run a
> QT based program (such as K3B) on a GTK based desktop (such as XFCE),
> and vice versa.

That's what I was going to say. For now such support isn't provided because
GNOME apps, most of them, aren't desktop independent.

> Perhaps the plan is to add QT support to claws-mail in addition to that
> for GTK, so that it will be possible to run claws on KDE without
> requiring the GTK libraries. LibreOffice provides both GTK and QT
> bindings. Why not claws?

Libreoffice has much more developers than claws mail. Beside that libreoffice
isn't written in C as claws mail. Adding QT support to claws mail means rewriting
claws mail (what Andrej started to do with qlaws)

Regards

--
Salvatore