[Users] Messages being expunged before retrieval

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 25 03:58:02 CEST 2017

On Tue, 23 May 2017 12:05:37 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> ......... that it is the server doing the expunging. I _may_
> have a theory, and will test that today.

So, last night I logged in via CPanel/File manager and viewed how many
emails there were for one account. There were 14 there, and I went
through them, reading, and then deleted six. The delete was done from
the CPanel/ File Manager.

This morning, Dovecot informed Claws there were 21. On the Claws
'Get Mail', the expunged messages, and only 15 were retrived; a
difference of 6.

So, ..yes, my bad, as I had forgotten the other day that there had been
one email msg deleted via CPanel/ File Manager.

Obviously, CPanel/ File Manager does not update the Dovecot list of
files available for download. It would be smarter if it did.  lol

Thanks for your help and patience,

Peter