[Users] passwords deleted after downgrade ?

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sat May 6 00:41:52 CEST 2017

On Fri, 5 May 2017 23:34:30 +0200
mi <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Maybe think about this: Whenever something seems to be screwed, some users would first close the app, just for fear to break more things. Some others, like me, would close the app, to look into the configs, or maybe for an update. In any case, saving the same config as backup (and it seems to me, uncodnitionally?) redundantly, everytime when closing the app, doesn't help so much in these cases. I still can't figure what achievement it does.

While some, whose query to the mirror while shaving is not "Am I paranoid this morning ?" but "Am I sufficiently paranoid this morning ?" would stop all they are doing, plug in an external HD and run rsync to ensure their data and config are safe somewhere before trying anything to repair the problem.

But then I learned in the old days, when you learned to draw one or several diagonal lines across the top of your stack of punch cards, to make it less painful to put them back in order if you accidentally dropped them...

Cheers,

Ron.
--
          Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
             They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our