[Users] Question about plugin vcalendar

Aleks al-clawsmail at none.at
Thu May 4 20:09:00 CEST 2017

Hi Michael Rasmussen.

Michael Rasmussen have written on Thu, 4 May 2017 18:05:33 +0200:

> On Thu, 4 May 2017 17:43:01 +0200
> Aleks <al-clawsmail at none.at> wrote:
>

> > Well I don't know if I should invest my time into gtk+2 or gtk+3 or
> > the qt version?
> >
> > What's the way which claws mail will go for the future?
> >
> qt also means c++ so this will not be a small task.

Yes I full agree to this Statement.

I have read several articles about migration from gtk+2 to gtk+3 and
this looks to me that the migration isn't that easy, but still c.

I have also tried to use http://trojita.flaska.net/ the qt client.
This client was not able to connect to my imaps server so I can't use
it.

I'm not very familiar with the project structure, due to this fact I
just ask here.

Do the core developers want to stay with c => gtk+X or is it possible
to switch to c++ => qt?

For me I would prefer to go the qt way just because I like the
framework more, but this is just my opinion.

The concrete reason why I ask is that I want to try to add a 'meta
calender' view where all the different events from the different
calendars are visible like the http://www.businesscalendar.de/ or the
Google calendar.

Opinions and advices.

Regards