[Users] Reporting bugs (was: Re: not showing html email)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Jun 19 19:59:23 CEST 2017

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 17:01:01 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
>On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 21:54:37 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Could you provide an example? I report a lot of bugs to different
>> bugtrakers and I'm not aware of something like this.
>
>Sure. See attachment.

Wow, that is a good example for a very good bug tracker. Fortunately
this is exactly what is expected by most bug trackers. The template
doesn't force you to do it exactly this way, but the template has got
sane defaults. Usually a bug report does look like this, resp. very
close to it, IOW you easily could write the bug report using an editor,
without knowing how the template looks like and later you simply could
copy and paste from the editor into the form. Too funny, this is quasi
the same form as used by Claws. The problem isn't the bugtracker, you
are the problem, since how else would you report a bug? You describe
the problem, provide the version number of the used software and if
possible the steps to reproduce it. If appropriate you describe the
behaviour and the expected behaviour. Some bugs might not allow to
report a bug that way, so if your report varies from the template, it
doesn't matter.

--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')