[Users] pre-process not updated until I click another folder

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 16:14:58 CET 2017

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:41:38 +0000
Jackie Hung <jjhung88 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have the windows version. When I downloaded emails, I still see
> the ones that should have be pre-processed to go to particular
> folders. I have to manually click another folder and then click
> inbox so those emails will disappear. There might be some setting I
> am not aware of that the rules are not automatically applied. I
> right click the folder property and have "run processing rules when
> open" checked.

See
http://www.claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html#adv_processing

"Processing rules ... are applied when entering a folder or when
manually applied from a folder's context menu and apply only to this
folder."

"Processing rules are accompanied by Pre-processing and
Post-processing rules. ... Pre-processing rules are executed before
the folder's specific Processing rules, while Post-processing rules
are executed afterwards."

Perhaps what you really want is Filtering (/Configuration/Filtering)
and for your filtering rules to be run when receiving mail. (Account
prefs, Receive page, 'filter on receiving'.)

with regards

Paul