[Users] file: in Queue

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Fri Feb 10 08:34:12 CET 2017

Hello,

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 18:34:21 -0300
Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> I have had messages appearing in the Queue box when I try to send while
> another message is being sent.

Depending on your settings, you may also have an error message stating that
Claws is already sending...

> Found out messages in Queue remained there until sent later, so I added
> the following lines to my crontab:

Yes, a real pity ! Claws decides to queue the mail though you wanted to
Send it, and then never tries to send it by itself later...  leading to
some workaround like yours...
If Claws doesn't want to open a second connection to the mail server, then
it should mark in some way the mail as "To be sent ASAP because that's what
the user wants", and then have some logic to process it once the previous
send operation is done, without requiring user to think about it...

OK, I know, I have a keyboard, the source code, and some skills... back to
my coding ;)

Regards,
Paul