[Users] Mark as deleted and expunge.

Eric S Pulley pulley at dabus.com
Fri Feb 10 05:37:05 CET 2017

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:16:10 -0700
Eric S Pulley <pulley at dabus.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 14:44:55 -0800
> Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:46:32 -0700
> > Eric S Pulley <pulley at dabus.com> wrote:

> > > Yes, I can see that but unless I'm missing something it just
> > > delays the moving of the message to the trash until I Execute or
> > > change folders this is not the same as setting the Delete Flag
> > > and then expunging from the server. These are client side
> > > operations, I want the server execute an Expunge without a move
> > > or even opening the full message.
> >
> > Are you sure you're running the Delete command, and not Move to
> > Trash? If I do a Delete & Expunge, the message is gone.  Also, it
> > shows a red X icon in the mark column, whereas Move to Trash shows
> > a blue arrow.
> >

> Okay then how do I bind a key to the menu Message-->Delete then? I
> don't typically use my mouse when using Claws having to use a
> drop-down menu every time is awkward. But seriously? I choose Claws 6
> or 7 years ago simply because it was the only light weight UNIX email
> client that did a halfway decent job talking IMAP. Now they've thrown
> the baby out with the bath water in favor of aping crap mail
> clients... Fine I'll just maintain a 3.10 fork myself .14 gives me
> nothing I need anyway...
>
> Thanks for your help though.

Okay I've managed to duplicate the functionality I would expect by
following the steps recommended above as well as turning on custom key
binding and setting Message->Delete to the delete key (go figure) and
then manually setting live_dangerously=1 in clawsrc. I can only hope
there was some really good reason to remove the simple checkbox claws
used to have for this functionality; and further hope that it doesn't
just break again in some mysterious way on the next update.

Thanks a ton Chad.

--
ESP