[Users] Mark as deleted and expunge.

Eric S Pulley pulley at dabus.com
Fri Feb 10 04:16:10 CET 2017

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 14:44:55 -0800
Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:46:32 -0700
> Eric S Pulley <pulley at dabus.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 12:30:08 -0800
> > Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:13:51 -0700
> > > Eric S Pulley <pulley at dabus.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > You can get expunge back if you uncheck "Execute immediately when
> > > moving or deleting messages" in the Display -> Summaries section
> > > of Preferences.
> > >
> > > And Message -> Delete will mark a message for deletion rather than
> > > moving it to Trash.
> > >

> > Yes, I can see that but unless I'm missing something it just delays
> > the moving of the message to the trash until I Execute or change
> > folders this is not the same as setting the Delete Flag and then
> > expunging from the server. These are client side operations, I want
> > the server execute an Expunge without a move or even opening the
> > full message.
>
> Are you sure you're running the Delete command, and not Move to Trash?
> If I do a Delete & Expunge, the message is gone.  Also, it shows a red
> X icon in the mark column, whereas Move to Trash shows a blue arrow.

Okay then how do I bind a key to the menu Message-->Delete then? I don't
typically use my mouse when using Claws having to use a drop-down menu
every time is awkward. But seriously? I choose Claws 6 or 7 years ago
simply because it was the only light weight UNIX email client that did a
halfway decent job talking IMAP. Now they've thrown the baby out with
the bath water in favor of aping crap mail clients... Fine I'll just
maintain a 3.10 fork myself .14 gives me nothing I need anyway...

Thanks for your help though.