[Users] Mark as deleted and expunge.

Eric S Pulley pulley at dabus.com
Thu Feb 9 21:46:32 CET 2017

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 12:30:08 -0800
Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:13:51 -0700
> Eric S Pulley <pulley at dabus.com> wrote:
>
> > Reading back through the change log I see that the functionality for
> > deleting email changed in 3.14. Now I can only see that mail is
> > moved to a Trash folder instead or marked for deletion then
> > expunged. This flies in the face of how I've always expected and
> > wanted an IMAP client to behave. Interestingly Expunge is still in
> > the tools menu but always unselectable...
> >
> > I am wondering how I can get the standard IMAP client
> > functionality of; Flag Deleted and then exicute an Expunge
> > restored.
>
> You can get expunge back if you uncheck "Execute immediately when
> moving or deleting messages" in the Display -> Summaries section of
> Preferences.
>
> And Message -> Delete will mark a message for deletion rather than
> moving it to Trash.

Yes, I can see that but unless I'm missing something it just delays the
moving of the message to the trash until I Execute or change folders
this is not the same as setting the Delete Flag and then expunging from
the server. These are client side operations, I want the server execute
an Expunge without a move or even opening the full message.