[Users] Claws Mail 3.16.0 unleashed!!!!
claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 13:18:56 CET 2017
17th December 2017 Claws Mail 3.16.0
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
* Preferences: for the 'default selection on entering a folder' on
the Display/Summaries page, the first new, first unread, and first
marked message options are now sort-order aware.
* Preferences: the previously hidden preference to 'Warn when sending
to more recipients than ' has been added to the
Mail Handling/Sending page.
* Preferences: Toolbars/Compose window: Sign/Encrypt toggle buttons
can been added to the toolbar.
* Preferences: Fancy Plugin: allow stylesheet file/folder names to
have spaces in them.
* Account Preferences: a 'Show password' checkbox has been added next
to the password fields.
* Account Preferences: the OpenPGP and S/MIME preferences have been
split into two separate pages.
* Account Preferences: newline characters are disallowed in account
usernames and passwords, and warnings are shown to the user if this
* Compose: more UTF-8 list-item characters have been added.
* Address book: a 'Show password' checkbox has been added next to the
LDAP server 'bind password' field.
* GPG: full key/signature fingerprints are now shown instead of the
* SSL Certificate Manager: added support for ipv6 addresses.
* NNTP: Fetch XOVER and XHDR data in batches of 5000 and use the
statusbar progress meter when opening/refreshing a NNTP folder.
* CLI: the --insert option has been added to --compose, to allow
inserting files from the command line.
* Plugins window: keyboard shortcuts to Load/Unload buttons have
* PDF Viewer Plugin: a print button has been added.
* The HTML parser now supports all entities.
* Tools: a simple bash completion helper has been added,
* Updated translations: Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Danish,
Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian,
Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
* New translations: Japanese, Polish, Romanian.
* Bug fixes:
o bug 3266, 'procmime.c: FILE leak in specific circumstances'
o bug 3784, 'Very similar strings in src/gtk/about.c'
o bug 3793, 'Segfaults when master passphrase dialog is
launched in the middle of autocompletion'
o bug 3795, 'Fix typo in utils.c'
o bug 3796, 'Fix format-security warnings in alertpanel_ use'
o bug 3797, 'Unfold quoting renders quotes completely
o bug 3801, 'Broken auto wrapping'
o bug 3808, 'vCalendar plugin does not load due to undefined
o bug 3813, '"mouse up" activates link even if "mouse down"
occurred outside the link / cannot copy link
o bug 3814, 'end of mouse drag or text selection erroneously
o bug 3819, 'Duplicate definition of global pygtk symbols'
o bug 3821, 'Potential security issue with libetpan code in
o bug 3916, 'message view shows wrong message contents'
o bug 3843, 'Non-functional "Change to..." command in
o bug 3852, 'delete header entry button doesn't restore
o bug 3881, 'Hide Read Threads eats emails'
o bug 3886, '"About to send mail to 2 recipients" warning
when one of them is Reply-To'
o bug 3892, 'build fails with enchant-2.1.0'
o bug 3893, 'Text mode open/copy web links ignores trailing
o bug 3924, 'Fix configuration of sieve plugin on FreeBSD
o bug 3931, 'segfault searching server with master password'
o off-by-one error in textview's quote unfolding
o Make sure outgoing messages have a trailing newline
o 'add_to_addressbook' filtering action correctly add the
o improved handling of bad filenames get_serverport() in
o building against older webkitgtk versions
o crash in mailimf_group_parse() in mailmbox plugin
o missing invalid regexp indication in folder preferences.
o truncated input widgets in preferences window
o ignore_thread not marking complete thread
o buffer length handling in GnuTLS password encryption and
o many memory leaks
For further details of the numbered bugs and RFEs listed above
see http://claws-mail.org/bug/[BUG NUMBER]
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Users