[Users] Seg fault when shifting ~/.claws-mail/ to new machine

Jakub Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Sun Aug 27 10:35:27 CEST 2017

Hi Trevor,

Maybe you need ~/Mail directory I've copied both directories to my new laptop
and it work just fine.

The only issue I have is that when I open directory in Claws-Mail it load all
emails which take time and it mark all of them as unread.

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 20:06:41 +1200
Trevor Carey-Smith <trev at highwater.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just setup a new (2nd hand) laptop with claws-mail 3.15.0 which
> seems to be working fine when I start it afresh. However, I have copied
> my complete ~/.claws-mail/ directory from my previous laptop which is
> still working fine (claws-mail 3.13.1). When I start claws-mail on the
> new machine with the "old" config directory claws segfaults when
>
> (claws-mail:25906): Claws-Mail-CRITICAL **: imap_item_get_path:
>  assertion 'folder_path != NULL'
>
> failed folder.c:3991 Condition path != NULL failed
>
> msgcache.c:586 Condition cache_file != NULL failed
>
> (claws-mail:25906): Claws-Mail-CRITICAL **: imap_item_get_path:
> assertion 'folder_path != NULL' failed
>
> Should I be allowed to simply copy the config dir from one machine to
> another (they're both running near-identical versions of slackware)?
> All the accounts that are set up are IMAP and the imapcache folder was
> also copied across (rsync). Any ideas what might be causing the crash?
>
> Thanks,
> Trevor

Jakub Jankiewicz, Web Developer
http://jcubic.pl/me