[Users] Moving emails from another computer

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Apr 29 08:27:40 CEST 2017

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:11:32 +1000, Peter Richards wrote:
>How do I add those emails to the (new) Claws please ? There is a 'File
>| Import mbox file' , however these files are not 'mbox', they are
>MailDir.

The old Claws doesn't provide

  File > Export to mbox file...

and/or

  File > Export Selected to mbox file...

?

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:24:50 +1000, Peter Richards wrote:
>There is another 56 emails, all in one folder and all of the Claws
>format. Will it be okay to copy the rest into 'Drafts' without
>corrupting anything within Claws ?

If you copy them with a file manager or by command line to Drafts or any
other empty folder, nothing should get corrupted. After that you even
could copy them from the Draft or any other folder, to another folder
that isn't empty, that already contains an email with the same number,
since then it would become a number higher, than the email with the
already highest number, but you need to do this step from within Claws,
not by using a file manager or command line.