[Users] Cross platform data for a newsreader and e-mail client

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Thu Apr 27 16:10:08 CEST 2017

I am looking for a news reader, e-mail cliient, supporting Linux and
Windows, which supports the sharing of data between both OSs. In other
words, on a shared drive ( NTFS partition ) I want to be able to have
the data of the application accessible by both Windows ( 7, 8.1, 10 )
and various Linux distros in a multi-boot environment. I am not looking
to access the data at the same time from different OSs, but just to be
able to access the same data flawlessly when running Claws on Windows or
a Linux distro.

Is this possible with Claws ?

I had been using Thunderbird, but after having problems sharing a TB
profile between Windows and Linux distros I was told that this was not
officially supported by TB. Therefore I am looking for a good
alternative and found Claws. But I did not find the information on
whether data can be shared across platforms, so I am asking on this
mailing list before I start to use Claws.