[Users] reply to list

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Wed Sep 21 00:20:47 CEST 2016

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 23:59:41 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 21:19:53 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
> >Is there any way to let claws know the behaviour I'd like?
>
> Reply to list works with Claws, too. The major different between
> Evolution and Claws is, that for Evolution "Group Reply", aka "All"
> and for Claws "Reply" evokes the mailing list reply. Apart from this,
> some mailing lists override the "Reply-To" header, while other don't
> do so. Both, Evolution's "Group Reply", aka "All" and Claws' "Reply"
> evoking the mailing list reply, have got pros and cons, e.g. related
> to open mailing lists, but I don't want to go into details now.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to tell me with the
paragraph above.

> Ensure that
>
> Configuration > Preferences > Compose > Writing > Replying > Reply
> button invokes mailing list reply

That is how it's set, yes.

> is checked and then use the "Reply" button and _not_ the "All" button,
> to reply to the mailing list.

Using the Reply button has the same effect as using the [Reply-to-]List
button. That is it replies to BOTH the list and the OP on the opensuse
list. That is not what I want as I thought I explained in my post.

Cheers, Dave