[Users] Claws fails to autostart under LXDE.

52midnight 52midnight at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 05:04:15 CEST 2016

> However, what has got the autostart option of the window manager to
> do with it?

Sorry, don't follow. I assume that Claws installs a .desktop file
in /usr/share/applications/ (otherwise where does it come from) and
that Claws developers are (ultimately) responsible for both the file
and its presence there. This file is responsible - amongst other things
- for autostart.

> What window manager are you using?

Openbox.

> Assuming it should be openbox (by LXDE upstream the recommended window
> manager), then autostart has nothing to do with desktop files at all.

Wrong! LXDE (Openbox) autostart requires placing a link from the
app's .desktop file in ~/.config/autostart/. Standard procedure: at
least, works for everything else.

> it does not care about a directory such as .config/autostart/.

Wrong again, I'm sorry. Been using it for years.

Cheers
Carl