[Users] Workaround for slow message list scroll and message display

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Oct 12 08:35:01 CEST 2016

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 02:08:07 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>I've been in the code, trying to make one of the searches recursive,
>and it's too much for me.

Hi,

I would start troubleshooting even without using a debugger, let
alone reading the code...

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 07:53:56 +0200, wwp wrote:
>What you're describing sounds to me like a desktop system that loads
>more in memory than it could/should, thus swapping.

...by e.g. running

 df -h

 free

 top

and when running top, first stay with my default, sorted by CPU usage
and then push Shift+M, to sort by memory usage. Perhaps something
requires much CPU and/or memory resources. Maybe you did this already,
but since you didn't mention any troubleshooting at all, I assume you
didn't.

Regards,
Ralf