[Users] Browse Folder Window's Typing-Triggered Search Ignores First Key Entry

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:53:26 CEST 2016

> Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 15:15:41 +0100
> From: Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
> To: users at lists.claws-mail.org
> Subject: Re: [Users] Browse Folder Window's Typing-Triggered Search
> 	Ignores First Key Entry
>
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 19:04:12 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So I'm wondering whether this problem
> > is associated with the LXDE DE?
>
> Very likely to be that.

Thanks, Paul, for your input. Was doing a bit of online searching
regarding Lubuntu and focus of windows, since I thought that may be the
issue (and I guess it still might be), but then I remembered and tested
something that makes me wonder.

It seems that the window is actually focused appropriately since the
arrow keys and Enter key respond on the first press. But for some
reason it takes at least one press of a letter key (which produces no
visible effect at the time) before the search box will then open with
the following letter key pressed. So it seems specifically related to
how the keyboard input and the hidden search box interact, and (with my
admittedly limited knowledge) that seems pretty specific to be affected
by a DE.

So with that additional info, do you still think this is a problem that
is totally in the camp of LXDE, or do you think there's something on
the Claws side that could be contributing to this and could possibly be
improved from a compatibility standpoint? If you think it's LXDE, could
you give me one or more terms and/or descriptions related to this
hidden search box that might be helpful for my continued research
online? Any help or ideas you have would be appreciated.