[Users] Windows save attachment filter action

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 11:13:15 CET 2016

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 17:42:26 +1030
Patch Public <patch.public at gmail.com> wrote:

> The faq message action documentation suggests a filter action menu
> can be added "Save attachments: munpack -C ~ -- %F" where munpack
> is provided by the mpack package in debian. Does that mean I should
> install CygWin first, then this works on windows also?

That part of the FAQ is about the Actions feature, which is separate
and distinct from filtering actions.

> Btw, what I'm actually trying to do is process incoming faxes
> efficiently. I use a third party fax server to receive faxes.
> Received faxes are emailed to me as a pdf attachment to an
> automated email. I'm looking for an email client to connect via
> IMAP, copy the pdf attachment to a local file server, then move the
> processed email to an archive / IMAP sub directory. Connecting via
> IMAP ensures the filtering benefits all devices I use to connect to
> my email account. Moving after the pdf is saved  should mean
> duplicate copies of a fax is more likely than missing fax on the
> file server as a failure  mode. Or at least incoming fax emails
> accumulate in my inbox so are obvious.

You would need to use a the Execute filtering action to pass the
message file to a script. That script would extract the attachment
and save it to the file system. That script could be munpack, or
anything which does the trick.

Then you would use a 2nd filtering action in your rule to move the
message to the Claws Mail folder of your choosing.

with regards

Paul