[Users] Windows save attachment filter action

Patch Public patch.public at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 08:12:26 CET 2016

Does Claws mail windows port support a filter rule to save an attachment
to a specified directory?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am new to Claws Mail and I
couldn't tell if I'm on the right path via the Claws mail documentation,
manually scanning the last 2 years of this lists posts, experimenting
with a windows Claws mail installation, or my internet searching skills.

The faq message action documentation suggests a filter action menu can
be added "Save attachments: munpack -C ~ -- %F" where munpack is
provided by the mpack package in debian. Does that mean I should install
CygWin first, then this works on windows also?

Btw, what I'm actually trying to do is process incoming faxes
efficiently. I use a third party fax server to receive faxes. Received
faxes are emailed to me as a pdf attachment to an automated email. I'm
looking for an email client to connect via IMAP, copy the pdf attachment
to a local file server, then move the processed email to an archive /
IMAP sub directory. Connecting via IMAP ensures the filtering benefits
all devices I use to connect to my email account. Moving after the pdf
is saved  should mean duplicate copies of a fax is more likely than
missing fax on the file server as a failure  mode. Or at least incoming
fax emails accumulate in my inbox so are obvious.

I tried to achieve this with thunderbird however the I wasn't able to
work around thunderbirds limitations
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3025426

Alternatively, is there a better way to automate saving email
attachments to a file server?