[Users] Fedora 25 upgrade renders Claws Mail unusable

edwardp at linuxmail.org edwardp at linuxmail.org
Thu Nov 24 16:02:14 CET 2016

I just upgraded Fedora from 24 to 25 and discovered my e-mail accounts
in Claws Mail, all changed from IMAP to POP3 and I am unable to change
this back. The Auto-Configure button displays "Failed: No service record
found" and I am otherwise not seeing a pull-down to change this from
POP3 back to IMAP. It also seems to have wiped out all of the saved
passwords, since I was repeatedly prompted for it as I was trying to
send this e-mail using Claws Mail, sending with Claws Mail also failed,
so I'm using Thunderbird to send this.

The upgrade process also indicated Claws Mail was being "downgraded" and
it installed 3.13.2-1 and not 3.14 (which is listed in Fedora's package
database).

I have Fedora installed on three systems and am finishing an upgrade on
the last one, will be checking the other two in the interim.

What went wrong here?