[Users] double-clicking on displayed text?

Olivier Brunel jjk at jjacky.com
Wed Nov 16 23:40:24 CET 2016

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 22:11:32 +0000
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> I just discovered that when I double-click on a word in a displayed
> message, claws doesn't select the word I clicked in (unlike every
> other application I can think of). Instead it removes a whole bunch
> of the text around the word I clicked on and replaces it with [...].
>
> I can't see the point of this, and especially I can't see the point in
> deviating from what is a universal interface standard, so I very much
> hope this is something that is configurable? Or that I've done
> something stupid.

You can turn off the collapsing via an option in Preferences, under
Message View / Text Options: Collapse quoted text on double click

However, I'm afraid it sadly won't fully resolve things as then
double-clicking does nothing, i.e. still doesn't select the word. I'm
not sure whether this is intended or a bug, though I (too) wish it
would.

Truth be told, I wish the quote-collapsing option was available via
another way - e.g. middle clicking maybe - so one could use both it &
the double-click to select word, which is very handy (and common) to
select text.

Cheers,