[Users] double-clicking on displayed text?

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Wed Nov 16 23:11:32 CET 2016

I just discovered that when I double-click on a word in a displayed
message, claws doesn't select the word I clicked in (unlike every other
application I can think of). Instead it removes a whole bunch of the
text around the word I clicked on and replaces it with [...].

I can't see the point of this, and especially I can't see the point in
deviating from what is a universal interface standard, so I very much
hope this is something that is configurable? Or that I've done something
stupid.

I've looked in the reference manual, but the word 'double' does not
appear as neither do the phrases 'select text' nor 'hide text'. My
google search didn't throw up anything useful either. So I'm hoping
somebody can explain.

Cheers, Dave