[Users] Order of filtering and spam handling.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Jun 6 23:35:24 CEST 2016

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 23:10:05 +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>My spam folder gets filled up at an increasing speed. Some are negativ
>hits which I don't want deleted but others come every day and sometimes
>more than once and these I want to filter out to delete. I haven't as
>yet found out how to do it but I'll see if some of the advice I have
>received can be used.

If possible I try to handle this kind of special junk by the ISP's
filter, while I usually disable the ISP junk filter options and use
bogofilter when retrieving mails.

Some ISP allow to ban mails by different useful or not that
useful filter options. If possible I'm using this, so I don't get such
mails at all. Usually this works, if a mail has got always the same
email address. Unfortunately wildcards, resp. address or subject or ...
"contains" usually isn't provided or not working.

How to handle this might be different for IMAP and POP, but at least
for POP accounts I can avoid to download some unwanted mails, when
using the ISP filter for those mails.