[Users] Three questions regarding claws-mail

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Jul 30 01:04:40 CEST 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:23:01 -0400, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
> When comparing MS Outlook to Claws-Mail, I find three very, at least
> to me, important things that appear to be missing from Claws-Mail.
>
> 1)	I cannot seem to find a way to export an entire mailbox
> folder. I can export individual mailboxes in the folder, but not the
> folder itself. That is a serious problem for me.
>
> 2)	A lot of my work is for a municipality. Out emails are
> subject review by the public upon demand. While I can print out a
> single email, I cannot print out several emails without having to okay
> each one. A serious problem if I am trying to print out a hundred
> emails. This is a SERIOUS problem.
>
> 3)	Very often I am asked to save these emails in PDF format for
> distribution. In MS Outlook I simply choose the Acrobat Printer and
> then where I want them saved. The emails are all assembled into one
> PDF document. In Claws-Mail, I am asked for a new name for each email.
> While that might be useful in some circumstances, it is not a viable
> option when trying to print out a large number of emails. Again, as in
> #2, a SERIOUS problem.
>
> Does anyone know of a way around this?
>
> --
> Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Judging not only by this email, but from others in this thread, you
want to use Claws at home and MS Outlook at work. One possibility might
be to have MS Outlook at work and Claws-Mail at home be nothing but
read-write access to an IMAP server. This way whatever's accessible in
one place is accessible in the other, and if someone wants printing of
one or a hundred emails, you can do it at work on the MS Outlook
system, while still having Claws at home.

My Claws-Mail is simply a front end to my desktop machine hosted
Dovecot IMAP server, so (via a firewall pinhole) I can hit it from
anywhere with anything. Now of course you're with the government, and
after the kerfluffel with Hillary Clinton's "personal email server",
I'd advise against running your own Dovecot like I do, because it
literally is a "personal email server." But wherever your emails come
from probably have an IMAP account that can store your messages.

SteveT

Steve Litt
== Whose business shall never be mentioned on the Claws-Mail List ==

--
SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist