[Users] filtering and bsfilterw on windows port

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Thu Jul 21 23:10:35 CEST 2016

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:40:58 -0400
Larry Jaffe <larry at jaffeworld.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone.  I am new to claws-mail and am having much difficulty
> getting filtering to work automatically.  I have followed the manual
> and set up a filter to move certain mails into a folder.  I am setup to
> check mail every few minutes or so and I have checked the box to filter
> mail upon receipt.  However, the filter does not get applied when mail
> is received.  I have to manually run the filter in order for it to
> be applied.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I've been
> through the manual, all the settings, the FAQ, and I've reviewed the
> mailing lists going back as far as January.  There's been no mention of
> this issue so I'm guessing I must be missing something simple.

Hi, try enabling filtering log (Other->Logging page in preferences),
and then, after you receive some messages, look at the log (look in
main window's Tools menu).

Also, make sure that filtering on receive is enabled in your account's
preferences, on Receive page.

> Also, I have bsfilter set up but it isn't moving mail to my spam
> filter.  However, I saw the post from last month about the issue with
> this, so I am waiting patiently for the next release to come out with
> the fix.

Yes, most likely it is the same issue as previously discussed.
Hopefully it will be fixed in next release, in a few weeks.

Regards,
--
Andrej