[Users] filtering and bsfilterw on windows port

Larry Jaffe larry at jaffeworld.net
Thu Jul 21 22:40:58 CEST 2016

Hello everyone.  I am new to claws-mail and am having much difficulty
getting filtering to work automatically.  I have followed the manual
and set up a filter to move certain mails into a folder.  I am setup to
check mail every few minutes or so and I have checked the box to filter
mail upon receipt.  However, the filter does not get applied when mail
is received.  I have to manually run the filter in order for it to
be applied.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I've been
through the manual, all the settings, the FAQ, and I've reviewed the
mailing lists going back as far as January.  There's been no mention of
this issue so I'm guessing I must be missing something simple.

Also, I have bsfilter set up but it isn't moving mail to my spam
filter.  However, I saw the post from last month about the issue with
this, so I am waiting patiently for the next release to come out with
the fix.

FYI, I am using the windows port on windows 10 and using an IMAP
service.

--
Respectfully,

Larry Jaffe