[Users] Replying to some links in an e-mail opens KMail rather than Claws-Mail

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Wed Jul 20 21:49:24 CEST 2016

Ahoj,

Dňa Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:25:44 -0500 »Q« <boxcars at gmx.net> napísal:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 21:06:23 +0200
> Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:00:54 -0500
> > »Q« <boxcars at gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > > If
> > >
> > > $ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/mailto
> > >
> > > returns kmail2, it may help to try to change it with xdg-settings.
> > > I'd rather not give syntax for xdg-settings -- you're better off
> > > dealing with its man page than with me, heh.
> >
> > No, over here it doesn't print anything, just returns 4:
> >
> > ticho at penny:~$ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/mailto
> > ticho at penny:~$ echo $?
> > 4
>
> FWIW (maybe not anything) I get
>
> $ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/mailto
> claws-mail.desktop
>
> and clicking on a mailto link in a Fancy-rendered message opens a
> Claws composition window for me.

AFAIK, in the DE (as GNOME, KDE or XFCE) the xdg-open try first the
DE's tools and only then uses XDG MIME, eg. in my XFCE it uses
exo-open. Then setting the MIME:

xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/mailto
claws-mail.desktop

grep claws-mail.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list; echo $?
1
grep mailto ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
x-scheme-handler/mailto=exo-mail-reader.desktop

One can see, taht the results differs... It can be not useful in the
KDE. I was problem with HTML files/links (from okular), which i solved
by the keditfiletype, but when i try:

keditfiletype x-scheme-handler/mailto
keditfiletype(18084): Mimetype "x-scheme-handler/mailto" not found

i am not KDE user and this error can be related... There must be some DE
tool to se default application in KDE for scheme handler.

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk