[Users] password protection

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Thu Jan 28 21:48:02 CET 2016

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 21:36:34 +0100
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> But can we perhaps start with my question, how can i protect the MUA by password ?

Only by running it as different user, dedicated for e-mail. See Ralf's
suggestions elsewhere in this thread. I use similar setup to run a
browser that only connects to my bank's Internet Banking web app.

It is not the job of an application to worry about whether the person
running it under certain user account is really the right person. That
is left to the OS, which uses concept of user accounts to achieve it.
If you willfully choose to bypass this mechanism, you are on your own.

Regards,
--
Andrej