[Users] Scary composer feature: ""

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Thu Jan 28 19:10:33 CET 2016

Hello,

Le Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:04:30 -0500
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> a écrit:

> >Scroll bars should be on the bottom for horizontal and on the
> >right side for vertical scrolling. This are the most common
> >places, that fit best to the averaged work-flow.
>
> That's only by convention. Left-handed people might prefer the scroll
> bar on the left side; some apps allow for that. Top v. bottom too.

It might not be so much a left-handed vs. right-handed issue (which
does happen a bit, but on small hand-held devices) than a "place the
things the user wants to look at near to one another" issue -- when the
user wants to see what became of a (left-aligned) recipient, (s)he'll
look left, not right, and a scrollbar on the left will be noticed quite
quicker than one on the right.

> It amazes me to see some apps insist on knowing better, while the poor
> end-user puts way more miles on the mouse than necessary...
>
> Increasing the minimum height for the Header area might be the
> simplest solution...

That, OTOH, would just push the problem one step further without
changing the 'workflow'.

> HTH...  :)

Pas mieux. :)

Amicalement,