[Users] Scary composer feature: ""

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Thu Jan 28 19:04:30 CET 2016

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:29:48 +0100 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:19:36 -0500, Pierre Fortin wrote:
>>On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:14:59 +0000 Paul wrote:
>>
>>>When you enter an address, notice the scrollbar on the right.
>>
>>This complaint happens quite a bit. Maybe moving the scroll bar to
>>where the user's eyes are focusing would help...  such as having it
>>appear between the {To|Bcc|...} selectors and the address inputs...
>>
>>:)   <=============<<<

>That's an odd idea, it absolutely makes no sense to change the design
>this way.

The current design triggers "disappearing address fields" quite often, so
the current design/default-settings is apparently not so intuitive...

Sometimes, humorous/outlandish suggestions trigger other ideas...
Check out a little book titled "Poke the box"   :)

>Scroll bars should be on the bottom for horizontal and on the
>right side for vertical scrolling. This are the most common
>places, that fit best to the averaged work-flow.

That's only by convention. Left-handed people might prefer the scroll bar
on the left side; some apps allow for that. Top v. bottom too.

It amazes me to see some apps insist on knowing better, while the poor
end-user puts way more miles on the mouse than necessary...

Increasing the minimum height for the Header area might be the simplest
solution...

HTH...  :)