[Users] claws mail question

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Mon Jan 4 13:56:34 CET 2016

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 13:36:54 +0100
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Petter,
>
> I wondered about this for long. if i switch my POP account to IMAP,
> then how do i upload my (probably several thousand) Mails to the IMAP
> Server ??

Set up the IMAP account without deleting the POP account, and simply
copy the messages from where they are in the POP account to the IMAP
account. Might take some time if you have a lot of messages, but it
works just fine. If you have control over the server there are other
ways to do it too, of course.

> Sharing claws preferences on filesystem level is not the point for
> me, i'd rather do it by network, NAS or with my own webdav server.
> But for security reasons, i don't want to keep my main mail archive
> on my laptops anyway. I do external backups and in the worst case, i
> can restore my main claws on any other machine.

I run an IMAP server at home where all my mail is stored, and backed up
frequently both locally and to a remote host. Once set up it works
like a charm.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"