[Users] Quotation marks

blind Pete peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au
Sat Feb 27 12:42:22 CET 2016

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:30:53 +0100
Rene Maurer <rmnet at mailc.net> wrote:

> Hello

Hi,

> Let's say a message contains the following text:
> Aaaa
> > Bbbb
>
> When I set the quotation mark to "> " and do a reply, I will have:
> > Aaaa
> > > Bbbb

It would be easier to work out what you want if different
types of quotes were used.  Say, ...

] + Xxxx
] + > Yyyy

> When I set the quotation mark to ">" and do a reply, I will have:
> >Aaaa
> >> Bbbb

Is that really what happens?  I would expect this;

>] + Xxxx
>] + > Yyyy

> It is possible to have
> > Aaaa
> >> Bbbb

Do you want to edit quoted material?  I suppose reformatting is OK.
If you were going to reformat it, why not remove all spaces between
quote marks?

>]+ Xxxx
>]+> Yyyy

> ...and if yes, how should this case be configure

Hack the code?  Beware, there might be some complex stuff
that reflows the quoted text.

--
testing
bP