[Users] Strange characters displayed in email

Chris Hirst claws-mail at fy3.co.uk
Sat Feb 20 16:31:46 CET 2016

Hi users at lists.claws-mail.org,
Gals and Guys,

Microsoft have ALWAYS been known for making their products perfectly okay with the crappy code their other products churn out, rather than fixing the problem at source, hence Infernet Exploder would be 'happy' with 'webpages' created by FrontPage, Word, Publisher or PowerPoint while other browsers would 'choke' on their coding 'standards', Outlook 2007 onwards is no different, as it's HTML rendering engine is the same one used by MS Word.

If "Word" created the message, Outlook will have no 'issues' at all, while everything else that follows the standards as defined by the various agencies  will invariably have many problems.