[Users] Strange characters displayed in email

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Feb 18 19:06:40 CET 2016

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:25:38 +0000, Paul replied:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> I believe that the html part has broken encoding. (It's created by
> Microsoft Word.) It looks like it has windows-style line breaks
> "\r\n" when it should have "\n".
>
> Nothing to fix on this side. The Fancy plugin uses WebKit for
> rendering, and WebKit just does what it's told by the text it is fed.
>
> regards
>
> Paul

Paul, I have a question that perhaps you can answer. I have been posting
on a Microsoft Outlook forum regarding the problem I was having. I gave
them your reply regarding "\r\n" vs. "\n". They claim that there is no
requirement for that.

Are you aware of any RFC that specifies the expected behavior?

Thanks :)

--
Jerry