[Users] folder properties 'chmod'

Darko K. darko.koruga at siol.net
Mon Feb 1 17:43:31 CET 2016

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 16:57:38 +0100 Michael wrote:

> > It is useful if you want message files within a MH folder to have
> > certain permissions.
>

> ok ... but i still struggle to come up with a usage scenario. Is it
> an IMAP specific thing ?

No, it was a feature I implemented for so called shared folders,
this was before IMAP.

Imagine a team of people working on the same project and all project
related mails are copied to the same folder. This setting makes it
possible for all users to access the message.

Of course one could achieve similar effect by setting umask but then
all files created by mailer would be affected.

Regards,
                       Darko