[Users] moving from evolution

Gour gour at atmarama.com
Fri Aug 26 00:15:25 CEST 2016

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 22:38:38 +0100 Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk>
wrote:

> What's the best way to move an evolution addressbook to claws?

On the phone I use DAVDroid which syncs with my own instance of ownCloud
which can import Evolution's addressbook exported to vCard.

Then I use vdirsyncer (https://github.com/pimutils/vdirsyncer) to sync
with the desktop where khard https://github.com/scheibler/khard/ is used
to modify entries.

I still have two setups for vdirsyncer, but since recent time vdirsyncer
got support for singlefile storage back-end, so you can point your
Claws' addressbook to the *.vcf created by vdirsyncer and used by khard.

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. I promised to write blog post and/or FAQ entry showing how to use
calendars/addressbooks in Claws with external world and having ability
to sync with the Android phones...but still fighting to find the time.

--
As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the
fire of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities.