[Users] unable to change keyboard shortcut and limited message download

Paul Steyn paulsteyn1 at afrihost.co.za
Tue Aug 16 12:12:53 CEST 2016

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 11:31:26 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:52:39 +0100, Paul wrote:
> >On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:58:55 +0200 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> >> I don't understand why this is off-topic.

I don't think Ralf's email was off-topic. However misguided it
may later turn out to be, it was given with the honest intention of
helping, with a reasonable assumption of being a possible solution. I
think it just failed to address the OP's question directly, and didn't
state *why* Ralf thought it was a valid answer, which it should have.

> The reason for me was that I'm using Claws build from git, too, Ubuntu
> 16.04.1, too and POP accounts, too, but I do _not_ experience those
> issues, too. So my guess was, that the culprit _could_ be related to a
> mistake, when building Claws.

I feel the correct way would have been to include a simple preamble to
this effect, maybe something like the following:

"Hi, I have the same setup as you, and don't have the issues you do, so
perhaps the build procedure is at fault. My build steps, which worked
for me, are below."

Just a thought, hoping to help douse the fire (and not with kerosene).

Paul Steyn