[Users] deleting message does not advance anymore

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Fri Aug 12 09:13:21 CEST 2016

Hello,

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 08:48:03 +0200
"H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> The other half - including me - thinks that newest on top is the only
> sensible way to view message lists, and that group was struck with this
> change as incompatible and illogical. I had a hard time seeing the
> fixed inconsistency when the patch was originally committed (I run CM
> from git builds, so I see them quite soon), and it made me curse too.

That's exactly it ! I'm using the same settings, newest at top, as this
looks *to me* the only logical approach, and the change, when introduced,
was a really visible one to me, annoying enough to have me edit part of the
code to change some part of it...

> I applaud the time and effort you developers put in this wonderful
> piece of software so many people use on a day-to-day basis, but I am

and I totally second that ! Claws is *the* mail client of my dreams, and I
sincerely appreciate all the efforts of the community to maintain et
develop it !

> afraid that you underrated the effect on users that sort newest on top,
> as I expect none of the developers do. Preference is only logical in
> the eyes of the beholder. For people like me, "next_on_delete = 0" is
> the only sensible setting, and since I changed it I was happy again.

Paul Rolland (not to be confused with Paul, one of the dev. of Claws)