[Users] "Replied"-icon after mail was discarded

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Aug 11 19:00:08 CEST 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 17:42:53 +0100, Paul wrote:
>On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 18:10:55 +0200
>Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>
>> In short, Claws 3.14.0-2-ge48b739 flagged a mail with the
>> "Replied"-icon, while there never happened a reply.
>
>That's unusual. Are you sure that the mail wasn't actually sent?

It didn't came through yet
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2016-August/date.html .

I first decided to drop a note in reply to
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2016-August/041696.html
that an important rule regarding spam is, to not care too much about it
and that replying to junk mail shouldn't be done either, by a similar
short sentence as this one.

Assumed the mail was sent, only a technical issue would delay it or
bounce it. For sure my mail would come through the list, since my mails
don't need to pass moderation and even if it would need to do so, the
content most likely was ok.

However, if the mail was send before I cancelled it, then I would expect
to find the mail inside the expected sent folder, but it definitively
was cancelled and discarded.

Regards,
Ralf