[Users] deleting message does not advance anymore

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 18:35:28 CEST 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 12:20:56 -0400
Charles A Edwards <cae at eslrahc.com> wrote:

> I see you choose to ignore the point of the message I posted and
> instead focus on me and my perceived shortcomings.

Yeah, that was a rather pointless tit-for-tat phrase, prompted by the
piece I didn't quote: "But as you seem intent on blaming the user for
not checking the 'NEWS'".

> I been using "claws" since it was a minor fork of sylpheed that
> simply updated cache

It was never simply that, but never mind...

> But as evidenced by the, at least 3, threads in the week since
> 3.14.0 was released others users are confused and disturbed by this
> behavior and are unaware of how to revert|change it.

My intent was to draw attention to the release notes, previous
posts on this list, the manual, the git log, whatever... generally,
and in that case in particular, to what was written previously.
Obviously, most of this is written to save time in the long run.
In an ideal world, that is.

> I know you do not intend to, but in many instances your responses to
> users questions|concerns come off as quite condescending.

You are right, I don't intend to seem condescending. It's not all
sweetness and light, evidently, and people will interpret how they
will.

with regards

Paul