[Users] deleting message does not advance anymore

Charles A Edwards cae at eslrahc.com
Thu Aug 11 18:20:56 CEST 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:20:00 +0100
Paul wrote:

> > Where in that notice am I informed that this "improvement", without
> > any confirmation from me, will alter the current settings and
> > behavior for my claws installation?
>
> Come on, Charles, keep up. That was done in the release notes for
> 3.13.1 when this option was first introduced. This current release
> just contains a modification of the option, (which was also discussed
> at length after 3.13.1, and it was those discussions (and RFE) which
> were the reason for this latest modification).

Good.
I see you choose to ignore the point of the message I posted and
instead focus on me and my perceived shortcomings.

Then let's focus on me.
I been using "claws" since it was a minor fork of sylpheed that
simply updated cache so do not belittle yourself by thinking I need
prompting to "keep up" with changes.

When this behavior occurred on my system I knew how and simply
"fixed" it.
No mess no bother.

But as evidenced by the, at least 3, threads in the week since 3.14.0
was released others users are confused and disturbed by this behavior
and are unaware of how to revert|change it.

I know you do not intend to, but in many instances your responses to
users questions|concerns come off as quite condescending.

    Charles

--
Reader, suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of
Congress.  But I repeat myself.