[Users] sometimes claws forget the read-status of messages

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Wed Aug 3 23:24:52 CEST 2016

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 22:31:24 +0200
<c.buhtz at posteo.jp> wrote:

> Deleted all .files in ~/.claws-box.
> Synced to the other machine (what has deleted the same files there,
> too).
> Then I opened claws and saw no unread messages in the folder tree.
> When clicking on a folder all messages in there are unread - of course.
> I rebuild the tree and set recursivly all to read.
> Then I synced and started claws on the other machine.
> There is still the same problem. I can reproduce that in both
> directions.

Yet again I ask - are you sure that your synchronization also
properly transfers dot-files (.claws_cache and .claws_mark)? Because
what you're describing sounds exactly like what happens when those
files are missing.

Also, how does the --debug output look like when you click on such
folder after syncing?

Regards,
--
Andrej