[Users] sometimes claws forget the read-status of messages

Paul Steyn paulsteyn1 at afrihost.co.za
Mon Aug 1 23:24:44 CEST 2016

Not sure if this is relevant to this particular situation, but I have
found that if I don't exit claws cleanly, it sets a bunch of mails to
"unread" that were previously "read", even mails that I have moved to
other folders.

I used to run claws on windows, and the hardware was developing issues,
so this used to happen a lot. Any time I didn't exit claws properly,
when I next started it, a whole bunch of folders would suddenly have
unread mails in them, even though I had read and then manually moved
all the mails to those folders. I used to use "mark all as read" a
lot...

I'm now running claws on linux inside a VM on a windows host, so
crashes do happen from time to time, although rarely. I can't actually
remember if it still happens on linux, but this just might be the OP's
problem. At least it should be easy to check.

Paul
(A different one)