[Users] Is Claws-mail supposed to automatically connect to imaps servers when not configured to?

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Aug 1 20:28:25 CEST 2016

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 12:45:52 -0700
jdebert <jdebert at garlic.com> wrote:

> Have Claws-mail 3.12.0, (opensuse build 3.12.0-7.1.x64). Using 3.10, I
> added gmail imaps accounts and set up claws-mail to never connect to
> them.

How do you to that?

Because AFAIK just after setting an IMAP account up, it connects
immediately to the server to retrieve the folder tree.

> On upgrade to 3.11, no connections were made to gmail serves unless I
> manually initiated it. After upgrading, it never happened until the
> first manual connection to one gmail imaps server. Now, claws-mail
> connects to all the gmail servers and stays connected despite
> cancelling the connections when the tls cert complaint box pops up.

Which version of libetpan are you using?

> The setup has not changed, the option to never connect to imap servers
> is still set. I unset and set the option to never conenct to imap
> servers and it still happens. Is this supposed to happen? Or am I
> overlooking something?

Where's that option to "never connect to imap servers"? Do you refer to
"Scan for new mail" in toplevel folder properties or some other?

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~